I have combined these two in a Weekly Wrap-up post because I’m a lazy bum.
I bought a couple of beautiful books this week. I’m excited about them all – I actually started Nalini Singh’s already because I just finished the first in the Psy-Changeling Trinity series “Silver Silence” which was amazing! So I figured I just might as well start the original series which I heard amazing things about!
BOOKS I BOUGHT
No ARCs this week and I’m not unhappy about it!
I got rid of my braces this week. Yay! Been waiting for this for eight months. I’ve also gotten back into the routine of working out a couple of times a week and I feel so much better. I also bought a couple of new workout clothes which motivate me even more.
My stepdad is in hospital with kidney failure, one of the reasons I didn’t post a wrap-up last week. He’s improving now, thankfully. It was really scary for a while.
I should actually start to get into crunching mode for my exam but I decided I’ll take it in September. I won’t be able to make it until the beginning of June. It gives me more time to prepare. It means studying a little over the summer but that’s OK.
I also received great book related news – Thea Harrison accepted me on her review team – that pretty much made my year. She writes one of my most favorite PNR series.
REVIEWS I POSTED
- MY OXFORD YEAR by Julia Whelan is one of the best books I’ve read this year. I adored the setting, the humor and the characters.
- LENNON REBORN by Scarlet Cole checked all my boxes. Rockstar? Angsty? Likable Characters? Check, check and check!
- THE SPIRAL DOWN by Aly Martinez is a sweet MM Romance. Both main characters were delightful.
- LOST FOR YOU by Jayne Frost – another Rockstar Romance with lots of angst. I loved that the author didn’t shy away to write about the ugliness of drug addiction
NEXT WEEK ON THE BLOG
- SILVER SILENCE by Nalini Singh – I am so impressed by the world building of this story. It’s a sci-fi/PNR mix. Good thing I have already the next one, OCEAN LIGHT, waiting on my Kindle.
- THE GOOD LUCK SISTER by Jill Shalvis – this author always makes me smile. If you need a pick-me-up grab this sweet novella. I will have a spotlight post as well – you will be able to read the first chapter on the blog.
- KNOTTED by Pam Godwin – I’ve read this author the first time and it was pretty intense.
That’s it from me this week. Let me know in the comments if you’ve read some awesome books I need to know about!